With millions of people turning to their smartphones for communication, entertainment, news, and just about everything that has to do with the internet, Apple has raised the bar with a new generation of devices.
Included is a health-conscious smartwatch that is approved by the FDA.
At a massive Apple event similar to the release of the iPhone X and iPhone 8, Apple has launched 3 new phones including the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max.
The all new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4 are here. Learn more www.apple.com
Posted by Apple on Wednesday, September 12, 2018
The XS and the XS Max differ mostly in size and range in prices from $999 for the XS to $1,449 for the XS Max model with the most memory. The XR provides a cheaper option for a new smartphone, with similar specifications to last years iPhone X. However, the $749 iPhone XR has the same, updated, A12 Bionic chip as the XS and XS Max; as well as a super sleek Liquid Retina display that boasts of unmatched color accuracy.
iPhone X: $999
iPhone Xs Max: $1099
iPhone Xr: $749 shipping 10/26
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) September 12, 2018
Other specifications also include:
- The XS, XR, and XS Max have models with 64 GB, 256GB and 512 GB.
- The XS and the XS Max can be purchased in Gold, Space Gray, and Silver designs and the XR can be purchased in Red, Yellow, White, Coral, Black and Blue.
- The XR is 2.98 inches wide, 5.94 inches tall, 0.33 inches deep and 6.84 ounces.
- The XS is 2.79 inches wide, 5.65 inches tall, 0.30 inches deep and 6.24 ounces.
- The XS Max is 3.05 inches wide, 6.20 inches tall, 0.30 inches deep and 7.34 ounces.
- For water resistance, The XS and XS Max are rated IP68 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529 while the XR is rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
- All three phones have an updated FaceID feature, Apple Pay, and will be carried on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon.
One of the unexpected stars from the recent Apple launch is a brand new state of the art smartwatch that is approved by the United States Federal Drug Administration because of its many new bodily tracking features that have the capacity to potentially save someone’s life.
The Apple Watch Series 4, starting at $399 for the non-cellular model and $499 for the cellular model, has a useful list of features to impress smartwatch users who are looking to track their health:
- An updated processor
- An Electrical Heart Sensor
- Second-generation optical heart sensor
- Fall detection
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
The new Apple Watch can take an electrocardiogram at any time, monitor heart rate, detect an irregular rhythm that suggests atrial fibrillation, and call for emergency help when it detects a fall. https://t.co/hgBHddpfYW
— Twitter Moments (@TwitterMoments) September 12, 2018
The new Apple iPhones and Smartwatches are available for preorder now and will officially be available on September 22nd, 2018.