The 49th annual Rehab Telethon benefitting the West Texas Rehabilitation Center will be carried live on KZTV from 5:30 p.m. to midnight on Saturday.
The telethon and auction raise more than $1 million making it possible for the West Texas Rehabilitation Center to serve more than 650 patients each day regardless of finances at its facilities in Ozona, Abilene and San Angelo.
Among the stars who are scheduled to participate in Saturday’s activities include Country Music Hall of Famer Ricky Skaggs and Nashville’s hottest new trio Runaway June.
Other stars who will be performing include:
- Rion Paige, of X-Factor fame will be joining us again this year to sing
- Charlie Chase, longtime co-host of the popular “Crook and Chase” talk show on the Nashville Network will return to anchor the Rehab 2019 host desk.
- ESPN Rodeo reporter and Wrangler representative Jennifer Douglas Smith and Abilene native Braid Blanks will be live with our patient stories and interviews from the stage.
- Texas legend and cowboy poet, Red Steagall, will be back along with The Boys in the Bunkhouse.
- “Regulars” lined up to appear are Brad Maule (General Hospital) and Twyla Foreman.
The show will again be streaming live at WestTexasRehab.org.
In addition to the telethon, an annual internet auction of merchandise and services provided by friends and businesses will be open and taking bids on the Handbid app. Bids will be accepted until midnight on Saturday. Auction items will be on display at the Abilene Civic Center beginning at 6 pm on the 19th. Don’t have the Handbid app? Begin bidding here!
There will be over 400 items in the online auction with a retail value of over half of a million dollars in more than 19 categories.