The interactive, award-winning C-SPAN bus will be in Corpus Christi today during its “Southern Swing” tour.
The 45-foot customized bus teaches visitors about C-SPAN’s in-depth coverage of the American political process through interactive kiosks and demonstrations. Bus visitors will also be invited to share their thoughts on what it means to be an American for C-SPAN’s “Voices from the Road” project.
Aboard the high-tech, interactive C-SPAN Bus you’ll find:
- Access to an exclusive interactive experience available on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- A high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- A 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN’s unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- A D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their Bus experiences through social media
The bus will be on the campus of Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, 6300 Ocean Dr., from 8 – 11 a.m. The bus will be parked on Seagull Lane next to Bayside Garage.
Then, the bus will travel over to Miller Metro High School at 1 Battlin Buc Blvd., from noon- 1:30 p.m. to engage with teachers and students.
In Corpus Christi, C-SPAN programming is provided by Spectrum as a commercial-free public service and can be seen on channels 42 and 226; C-SPAN2 on channels 67 and 226; and C-SPAN3 on channel 227 and on the web at C-SPAN.org.