Digital Director – Corpus Christi, Texas
Reports To: Director of Sales
Position Level: Director
Summary: The Digital Sales Director (DDS) leads local sales and operations for all interactive and emerging digital media business lines associated with KRIS Communications and Cordillera Digital/Cordillera Interactive in the Corpus Christi market, with a particular focus on advertising sales, business development and other revenue activities.
Specific Responsibilities: Oversees digital operations, sales products and strategies including but not limited to: web, social media, email, SEO/SEM, interactive small/medium business solutions, promotions, and mobile initiatives. Works closely with station executives, station sales management, dedicated interactive salespeople and news directors to achieve assigned revenue and expense budgets. To achieve this, the DDS will:
- Develop business plans for interactive product/service revenue from both traditional and non-traditional advertisers to meet and exceed digital sales goals and budgets.
- Develop and track local interactive department budget.
- Recruit, hire and manage interactive sales account executives.
- In coordination with Cordillera Digital product and sales leaders, ensure that digital sellers have adequate sales products that deliver real results for advertisers at a reasonable level of profitability.
- Coordinate implementations of new and upgraded products among Cordillera Digital and local stakeholders. Serve as primary point of communications for Cordillera Digital in Corpus Christi.
- Work cooperatively with TV station management to identify and address all issues regarding cross-platform strategies and workflow.
- Work with all sales staff and management to create interactive products, packages, content, and rates appropriate to the market.
- In coordination with CD, set interactive rates within multi-platform packages (broadcast/interactive) based on inventory and availability.
- Provide on-site interactive sales training, perform and assist on sales calls when warranted and establish ongoing interactive sales consulting.
- Call on national and local interactive advertising customers to identify opportunities, qualify prospects, and work through the sales stages to close accounts and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- In coordination with CD, develop sales and profitable marketing programs for interactive properties that deliver expected ROI for advertisers.
- Manage pricing structures for interactive products to maximize revenue and deliver ROI for advertisers.
- Coordinating with CD, develop and roll out superior sales collateral materials.
- Establish and lead consistent, ongoing, productive communication relating to interactive sales and operations among station executives, sales management and CD.
- Through ongoing and consistent verbal and written communication – including gathering market intelligence from account executives — provide relevant information to CD and Cordillera executives, via the Vice President of Sales, regarding market conditions, sales opportunities and all other matters relating to interactive businesses.
- Weekly status reporting to CD and station executives, and attendance of a weekly planning conference call with CD executives and other directors.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Director should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years sales management experience, preferably in interactive and/or media services and preferably at senior level.
- Minimum 5 years experience in media – broadcast, interactive, print – preferably with local emphasis.
- Passion for innovation, customer service, and exponential revenue growth in interactive media.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal communications skills. This position places a high premium on internal and external relationship building.
- A broad working knowledge, in the sense of capabilities and limitations, of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
KRIS Communications is an equal opportunity employer. View our policy at this link.
No phone calls please.
Drug testing and a valid Texas driver license required.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Sales
301 Artesian Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
POST DATE: 3/4/2019